Friday, February 26, 2010

Simplicity

As the sun sets below the earth's horizon,
I walk down the middle of the fairway with my father.
Smiling just because.
The golf course is my favorite place on earth...
Freshly cut grass,
Recently groomed bunker, and
The simple presence of my father.
As the sun sinks further and further into the bay,
The slight breeze becomes cool, crisp air.
Arriving at the green,
Where the most important part of the game arrives.
Putting.
Pulling the pin one last time,
To make room for the ball,
As it travels into its home.
Listening to the ball bang against the walls in the cup,
I'm smiling.
Putting the pin back where it belongs,
This night of golf is over.
Tomorrow is a new day, a new dawn,
And I hope to walk the fairways with my father.

No comments:

Post a Comment